The Chief Science Officers Program has grown to include multiple regions in the United States, as well as Mexico and Kuwait!
The CSO International Summit will include delegations from Arizona, Michigan, Oregon, Georgia, Florida, New York, Illinois, Texas, Colombia, Mexico, and Kuwait. The event will be a unique opportunity to empower CSOs to work with and impact national leadership, and for the first time, work as an international cabinet.
Key Objectives include:
• Position CSOs in front of key national decision-makers
• Build awareness of the CSO program through national press opportunities
• Provide space for CSOs to share resources and best practices as an international cabinet
• Build synergy among CSO Regional Leads
To accomplish these objectives the summit will follow the format of “feel, imagine, do, and share”.
CSOs will identify topics of importance they “feel” strongly about; work as a team to “imagine” innovative solutions; use their leadership and networking skills as they “do” meetings with national figures; and “share” their plans and progress via on national stage and through their regional networks.
Scheduled activities include:
• Training with national leaders from Bose Washington Partners and Burness Communications on skills such as developing a policy agenda, communications, and defining a clear message.
• Use student voice to communicate importance of STEM with Members of Congress, Defense Intelligence Agency, Federal Bureau of Investigation, the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy.
• Meet with national STEM leaders such as Dr. France Cordova – Director of the National Science Foundation, Dr. Sandra Cauffman – Earth Science Division Deputy Director at NASA and Megan Smith – 3rd Chief Technology Officer of the United States.
• Explore Washington, D.C. and work in unique settings such as the Natural History Museum, Carnegie Science, Google, US Capitol, etc.
Sunday, October 7th
Welcome Dinner with Megan Smith, 3rd CTO of the United States and CEO of Shift7
Monday, October 8th
Communication Training with Burness Communications and Bose Washington Partners at IREX Headquarters
Tuesday, October 9th
White House Tour and meetings with OSTP
STEM Professional Panels at Carnegie Science
Wednesday, October 10th
Google Office visit and Tour
Natural History Museum Special Event – Forensic Anthropology
Thursday, October 11th
Capitol Hill Visit – House and Senate Science Committees
National Science Foundation Meeting with the Director
*Networking Social at Crowne Plaza @ 6:30 p.m.
Friday, October 12th
NASA Headquarters Presentation
Defense Intelligence Agency